Are you a fan of beauty tools? For example, makeup brushes, beauty sponges and so on. For me personally, I splurge on beauty tools like nobody else’s business. I love makeup brushes, I have a thing for makeup brushes although sometimes they really kill my wallet. As for beauty sponges, they are by far the best discovery I’ve ever done. I’m a fan of Real Techniques's beauty sponges, I like how it applies my foundations, powder and blends it all naturally on my skin. As for beauty blender, I tried but I see no difference between the orange and the pink. Lately, beauty gurus from all over the world have been raving about a evolved “sponge” that has changed their life ever since they discovered it. Introducing, the star of the show - Silicone Sponge. Well to be honest, I have no idea which company or industry invented the silicone sponges. But I can pretty much tell you can see this product all over the street now. I bought mine from a mini bazaar, it cost me only RM7 which is less than $2 and It looks identical to the one Tati has except the colour.  

Let’s talk a little bit about the “Silicone Sponge” on why people say it is better than the ultimate Beauty Blender & beauty sponges out there. First all, it is made by silicone which means it will not suck up extra products compared to the sponges that sucked up most of my foundation. Advantages plus one! Second, it is so much more easy to clean!! For what I do, I will use baby shower wash to clean it, and that's it. Also, if I am feeling a little bit lazy today I will only use wet wipes from Simple Skin Care to clean it. Good as new too. Third, it’s always ready to use. Not like beauty sponges out there where you will have to wet them before using, but the silicone sponges are always ready to go. Fourth, it’s easier to store. Do you feel the same like me always worried about is our beauty sponges dry or not? When it’s in the cabinet, I’m worried that it might be still wet and it might turn into stinky sponges; and when it’s out of the cabinet, you’ll worry about if it has already dried up? What if the dust gets into the sponge? Do I have to wash again. Stuff like that homies. But for silicone sponges, I pretty much don’t care about where it sits. 


Although I must say, I’ve been using the silicone sponges for weeks but I still go back for my beauty sponges quite frequent because the silicone sponge takes FOREVER to blend nicely. I admit that the silicone sponge is convenient compared to beauty sponges, but I just prefer the beauty sponges more. I do like the silicone sponges, they did work fine but I just don’t want to sit there and blend and blend and blend. So overall, it was fine but I like my beauty sponges more. What do you think?